Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

help with EZ-PUBLISHING cms

• pab
    # July 24, 2008 at 10:33 am

Hi, I need some help with the ez publishing cms

my boss just asked me to learn this cms, cause a new client wants to use it for their site.

I’ve been reading the documentation but it’s not the clearest in the world and it’s pretty confusing at times

I just want to know how can I modify the css, is there a simple way of doing this. or do I have to duplicate their css and then rename mine and initialize it….

anyhoo thanks in advance for the help guys

really appreciate it

pab

box
    # July 24, 2008 at 6:21 pm

Well, I’m not going to read the documentation lol – and I’ve no experience with EZ Publishing but… If you install the CMS and view it a Firefox browser then use the Firebug addon to view the code you’ll not only be able to see the CSS for each element, but establish the location of the CSS files. Then I would assume it would be a case of editing these files to suit your needs.

pab
    # July 24, 2008 at 9:23 pm

The manual is just ridiculous.

Firebug was the first thing I tried, nothing worked, i did find a way to do it while reading the manual; i think…

but i’ll have to try it out next week.

on another note, I’m suppose to spend a day with a guy who’s work on it before for a crash course.

.V1
    # July 25, 2008 at 3:33 am

just tell your boss that there are many better, and powerfull CMS available and that they are even free tooo

EZ-publishing just sucks and will neveer be a great CMS >_<

aka, i cant help u. I tried EZ once, but deleted it after 4 min.. CMS are to help the users, not confuse the users.. Doesnt mather if they are developers and content team….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".