Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Help with CSS and WP layout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    AshtonSanders
    Participant
    "quickfire84" wrote:
    Think i have to link the whole url of this image in the sidebar.php instead of just images/

Yes, use absolute linking (start with a backslash to tell it) to start from the root of the website

Code:
    quickfire84

Yea that worked thank you, i got one last thing hopefully i dunno if i can do it but.. you kno how the white fades out from the nav ? well my footer is the same way, but i was try’ing to se if there is anyway i can get the text to overlap it and go almost to the end of the white, instead of leaving all that empty space?? but also in IE the footer overlaps the bottom post and if you goto services page it kinda hangs there in middle, i used the sticky footer settings so must be doing something wrong lol.

Oh one last thing lol, how can i get that copyright at the bottom between the end of white and browser bottom i try’d padding and margin-top but no luck…

apostrophe
    Participant
    quickfire84

Ok my HTML validates, and my css only get 2 of which are because they are CSS3, the sticky footer setting !important and another one that i dunno why it says its a error cause its not Parse Error : left; } /*bgfader image settings*/ div#bg-content dont understand that? but other then those css is fine so i dunno what making it do that in IE..

apostrophe
    Participant

Ok, your remaining css errors

Quote:
    div#page-wrap Parse Error !important: height: 100%;

That should be a semi-colon after !important. Fix that and I’m pretty sure that the last error will disappear as well.

Not sure I understand what else you are trying to do. I certainly wouldn’t have fixed heights all over the place, the page needs to be able to grow with new content.

I would also position the copyright at the bottom of the page and get rid of all that padding before it comes back to haunt you.

quickfire84

Ok thank you, well how can i put it at the bottom? What im trying to do is fix it in IE forsome reason the bottom fade overlaps the posting. And i was trying to figure out a way to make it so the text from the content can come down into the white part of the footer so there isnt all that negative space.

apostrophe
    Participant

I don’t see any fade on the bottom?
    Use absolute positioning for the copyright.
    It’s not possible to get your content into the footer the way you have it set up. You should probably look at the sliding doors technique and then go back into photoshop.

quickfire84

Ok sorry for not know but im new to using css i use to only use it for links and font and font color, i looked up the sliding door effect and the only thing i can find on it is rounding buttons and stuff.

AshtonSanders
    Participant
    "quickfire84" wrote:
    …the only thing i can find on it is rounding buttons and stuff.

Yep. I recommend reading about that.

If you learn how those buttons work, you’ll see how you create the CSS once, and it can be used on any width button because of the "sliding door" background image.

It’s a very useful technique.

apostrophe
    Participant
    Code:
    …the only thing i can find on it is rounding buttons and stuff.

The priciple is the same whether it’s a horizontal button or a vertical div.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.