Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

help with a strange problem in wordpress

• # April 6, 2009 at 10:24 am

I have been customizing a theme in wordpress. Been building it on my computer using wamp. I put in some javascript and jquery and this runs fine on my computer. I uploaded all the files and the jquery stops working. So I delete the theme from the online site, re upload and still doesn’t work. So I download everything from online and put it back on my computer. I put it in another directory that I have wordpress installed and change that site on my computer to the theme. the jquery works. I have come to the conclusion that something online is stopping my jquery from working. I don’t know what it is. I am calling the script like this

Code:

Any ideas?

# April 6, 2009 at 10:49 am

On your online version, if you "view source" is the path to your jQuery file correct?

# April 6, 2009 at 10:58 am

yes, the path was correct. that’s the weird thing

# April 6, 2009 at 11:16 am

How are you calling the jQuery library?
    Could you post a link?

# April 6, 2009 at 3:23 pm

the same as above

the exact same way as on my computer through wamp, it works locally but not online. exact same files

# April 6, 2009 at 3:42 pm

What does firebug say?

We can play this game all week, without a link it’s just one guess at a time. :)

# April 6, 2009 at 9:25 pm

sorry, wrong link

http://www.wilsonwrites.com

there is a tabbed box on the right that isn’t working

# April 6, 2009 at 10:46 pm

In your tabs.js try replacing each instance of ‘$’ with ‘jQuery’.

# April 6, 2009 at 11:41 pm

didn’t work

# April 7, 2009 at 12:59 am

I think it has something to do with wp_head() and the includes folder. It looks like the entire jquery library is included in the includes folder.

# April 7, 2009 at 5:50 am

Not ‘jquery’ but ‘jQuery’. Note the uppercase Q.

# April 7, 2009 at 9:02 pm

that didn’t work either

# April 7, 2009 at 10:36 pm

As far as I can see, tabs.js isn’t there at all now.

# April 8, 2009 at 12:59 am

I have been messing with it a lot. trying many new things. I have removed the code and put it back in. I am sure it has got to be something with the wp_head. nothing seems to work. the answers I have found on google don’t work either.

# April 8, 2009 at 7:49 am

You may have put the file back but you are not linking to it in the head.
    Incidentally, IMHO the best way to include the jQuery library is to use Google’s hosted version like this:

Code:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".