Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Help us decide which version is better! (A/B Testing)

• # July 18, 2011 at 6:41 pm

We are currently designing a page for a Plastic Surgeon and would love everyone’s feedback which color scheme they feel works better (and why, if you had some extra time). The client is requesting a “medi-spa-like” feel. Skin tones, calming, but still fresh. Without further ado…

Color Scheme #1:

http://goodchee.com/elizabeth/

Color Scheme #2:

http://goodchee.com/elizabeth/draft-two/

Thanks everyone!

# July 18, 2011 at 6:50 pm

I prefer #1. My main problem with #2 is the lack of contrast. Everything is sort of pale and green. The splash of blue in #1 adds a little bit of character and something to direct the user’s eye.

# July 18, 2011 at 7:04 pm

I prefer the second. I have to respectfully disagree with @TheDoc as I feel that it has more contrast in certain areas; the navigation stands out and is easier to read and the main content color doesn’t match the background like draft one. I do agree with @TheDoc in regards to the blue used in the first draft.

I would love to see a version of draft two that used the blue from draft one (in the same spots).

# July 18, 2011 at 7:11 pm

I vote draft one. I enjoy the small amount of blue, the toolbar is calmer and more earthy. The blue in #1 really directs the user’s eye. Make sure you use this blue wisely!

# July 18, 2011 at 9:04 pm

I prefer #1

# July 21, 2011 at 11:16 am

Great comments everywhere guys! We prefer the #1 as well, but the designer of the logo felt it infringed on their branding and so #2 is her reccomendation as a result.

While that is true in a way, we feel designing for the web is a different animal all together and the user needs/wants something that will guide them to the most prominent areas as well as something that clearly demonstrates what is a link and what is merely decorative.

Thanks again guys…open to and all feedback you may have in addition!

# July 21, 2011 at 11:48 am

Number #2 worked for me better when I took a quick glance at both, purely because of the green in the logo matching with the navigation and button etc.

The colours on #1 looked a bit random, almost like too many colors, almost like the logo had been put into a template.

I vote #2 based on the consistency in the branding.

# July 21, 2011 at 12:06 pm

I much prefer #1 – it feels more relaxed and trustworthy.

One thing though – the “Home” and “Contact” buttons arn’t centered compared to the others, I don’t know if it’s intentional or not, but it doesn’t sit right with me..

Love the overall design though!

# July 21, 2011 at 1:50 pm

I do like the first one better then the second one. Mainly because the blues from the buttons tie in with the blues in the picture. I think the issue I have with both of them is that the picture of the Dr. is blending with the rest of the colors instead of standing out like the other two pictures. Maybe changing it to be more colorful like the other two would help bring some contrast out and tie in everything?

# July 21, 2011 at 2:51 pm

@Mitchell – That is great feedback! We have since toned down some of the colors but I can see your points. Our next step is to try and perhaps fit the blue (or some other variation of it) into that design and see if it makes sense.

@Moofin – That was probably my eyes in Photoshop not catching that…it’s not intentional but it’s also not a final draft…good eye and thanks!

@Adman – We agree completely and that picture is just a placeholder, she is getting a full-color headshot taken and we will use that when the time comes.

# July 27, 2011 at 10:05 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone…the client chose #1 without equivocation. I still appreciated all the comments here and I will be playing with colors and contrast further, but the first comment they had was “LOVE the blue.” So that’s that. Thanks all!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".