Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Help or guidance with shopping carts (zen cart)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    diven
    Participant

I am talking with a potential client that would like to start selling some products online. This is a small product offering, but a good chance for me to get my feet wet with online shopping carts and e-commerce. My question is, does anyone have experience with shopping carts and is it difficult to accomplish? I have beginner to moderate PHP skills. My webhost provides zen cart which is PHP-based. Does anyone have any experience with Zen cart or know of any good tutorials?

If you prefer you can send me a message on the site.

As always, your help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

diven
    Participant

Ooooh that is a sexy little shopping cart idea. There is a pretty large Forum over at ZenCart that I am going to check out, just wanted to see what people had to say. It seems like most of them are plug and play, i.e. load them up to the server, show the path to images, fill some sort of gui-ish php form full of database details, size color etc…

I need to poke around and make a fictitious one to work out the kinks.

I think it is a nice addition for small businesses trying to sell a few things on their website.

Thanks for the link!

pab

i’m very interested in this, has anyone tried oscommerce.

Donna

Thanks Chris for the tip on E-Junkie. I was looking for a super, simple shopping cart for an E-book download and E-Junkie seems to have good support for ebook downloads.

I have installed zencart and prototyped with it before and it is not too difficult to get working and loaded up with data and it has tons of great features but there is definitely a learning curve with customizing it and setting up templates.

– Donna

LonChaney
    "pab" wrote:
    i’m very interested in this, has anyone tried oscommerce.

Hello there! I’ve been using osc for the past year. Like all carts it has it’s advantages and disadvantages, but I highly recommend it.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I also came across this link;

if anyone is still looking to build a simple cart
    http://v3.thewatchmakerproject.com/journal/276/building-a-simple-php-shopping-cart

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.