Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS help me find this bug!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I have a problem that I can not find. The site is http://www.creativeeventsdesign.com/vCard. It’s under construction and I am planning on submitting it to themeforest, So I would like for you to do two things, give feedback on the site and help me find a bug

when you click on about and then work or any other tab, the site moves to the left. Just small nudge. But it only does it on the about tab. none of the others are doing it. I can not figure out what the problem is. all the tabs have the same coding. They are 605px in width, most elements absolutely positioned. Can you please take a look. Thank you.

TheDoc

I’m seeing no page shift in Safari, but it’s probably because my monitor is bigger. It looks like the About tab has the longest content, and it sounds like it is causing a scrollbar to appear on the page (on your monitor). This is not a bug, you’ll find the same thing happen on almost all sites.

Try adding this to your css:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1831

cybershot
    Participant

Doc, your a genious, Lol, I didn’t notice the scrollbar…LOL. Thanks. I would have kept looking for that for who knows how long. This bug did help me improve my code a little though. Instead of using margins and padding for positioning, I switched over to relative and absolute for a few elements. I think it makes the code cleaner

cybershot
    Participant

the only issue I have with that is it put a bunch of scrollbars into my site, which could be hidden of course, but in firefox, it actually added two scrollbars on the right.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.