Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other help making IE7 website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    amyth91
    Participant

hi, guys ! i’ve been making few websites but, i dnt really think much about IE7. now, i have a client who wants IE7 specific website ! i don’t know why, but he says most people use IE7 so he wants it that way, i am finding it difficult to create it, as i use win7 and i have no way to test it on IE7 altough i do have IE Tester and IE Tab in mozilla, but it does not do the 100% work. so, are there ways how i can add some javascripts and other libraries which makes it easier to code for mozilla and webkit browsers and make the website look the same in IE7 (not 100% but somewhere close to it, so i can add few specific codes later).

thanks !

Senff
    Participant

Start with adding Modernizr or HTML5shiv to your site, which will enable proper display of HTML5-only tags (HEADER, FOOTER, SECTION, etc.)

Does the client insist on having rounded corners, box shading and other CSS3 fanciness, then you’ll have to either use images (lots of work) or try PIE (known to be difficult to get working sometimes). If he doesn’t care about those fancy extras, then you shouldn’t have too much to worry about.

Of course you might end up with a few IE7-specific bugs that you’ll have to fix, but if you created valid/proper HTML, then you shouldn’t run in to all too many problems.

IEtester may not give you 100% correct results, but you also have the F12 tool in IE9, where you can emulate IE7 mode.

Good luck!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.