Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Help: First WordPress Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    spate1y

Hi there!

I am very familiar with WordPress and I have decided to make my first WordPress theme. I made a mockup of it in Photoshop and I am getting ready to code it. The problem is, I have no idea how to actually code this theme from scratch. I tried stalkers, but I still get stuck everywhere. I even tried doing a simple HTML/CSS, but there is way to much to do.

Is there someone that could please help me?

* The theme is very similar to CSS-Tricks
    * I am good at customizing WordPress themes.

mattvot

What I do is create the HTML version, then PHP it. I learnt how t do this here:
    http://www.webdesignerwall.com/tutorial … ess-theme/

spate1y

I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Thanks for advice :)

spate1y

Matt,

I did the HTML/CSS and I came pretty far. Now I am complete noob at PHP. Is it possible for you to convert my HTML/CSS (and PSD) to a WordPress Theme. I will provide you with my HTML/CSS and my PSD.

I would greatly appreciate it. This will be an opportunity for me to look at how something I have designed is coded.

spate1y

mattvot

go on then, :) Normally i’d charge, but I’m bored…

spate1y

Thank you… I will send you PM.

By the way… my e-mail is [email protected]
    If you need to contact me, please use PM… I would prefer that.

spate1y

Did you get my message?

spate1y

mattvott can’t help me… is there anyone else that can help me by converting my PSD and HTML/CSS into a WordPress Theme?

Chris has made a three part screencast on this subject. It guides you through all the processes involved and actually making a theme from scratch.

I would watch those screencasts and have a go at copying the process with your own theme. If you hit a problem at any time you can come back to the forums, with some specific information on the problem, and people on here will try and answer your questions as best they can.

I hope that helps you, and good luck with your theme.

Dave

spate1y

I have seen all 3 of those videos like 10 times.

I’m going to go to through it one more time and let’s see how far I get.

Wish me luck.

Side Note: The theme looks very similar to CSS-Tricks.com. Would making a theme that looks like this site be hard for a intermediate CSS/PHP coder?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.