Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Help Customizing WP PHP Files in Dancefloor Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bmoneruiux
    Participant

Hey guys! I did a search and found SOME helpful information on the issues I’m having, but there are some left I still need help to resolve.

A client of mine purchased this GorillaThemes Dancefloor theme for me to alter/configure for them. They didn’t buy any support with their purchase, so I’m kinda left having to figure this out.

DEMO HERE: Dancefloor WordPress Theme

1) I would like the home page to look reminiscent to the home/main page of the demo. I figured that by going into “Settings>Reading” and setting the static Front and Posts page that everything would set itself up correctly like it normally does. That’s FAR form the case. It’s like they’re setting you up to fail without purchasing their support plan.

When I set the static Home Page, this is what I get:
    Funky Home/Front Page

And when I set the static Posts Page, this is what I get:
    Funky Blog/Posts Page

I’m still fairly new to WordPress, and need a bit of help moving things around. I would like for the Home/Front Page to have in this order from top to bottom the:

Image Slider
      Gallery
      3 Recent Events
      3 Recent Posts

And I’d like the Blog/Posts page to JUST display the posts.

Here’s the PHP for each respective page, so can someone please give me a quick run through of what to add, delete or keep? And if you need more info on other coding, let me know and I can post it.

PAGE.PHP:

'; else echo '
    ';?>

$mypostimage = the_post_thumbnail( 'large', array('class' => 'featsingle' , 'alt' => get_the_title() , 'title' => get_the_title() ));
    the_content(); } else { the_content(); } ?>

INDEX.PHP:

'featured','posts_per_page' => '18'));?>
    $large = wp_get_attachment_image_src(get_post_thumbnail_id(), 'full');
    $thumbnail = wp_get_attachment_image_src(get_post_thumbnail_id(), 'thumbnail');?>
    "><?php the_title();?>

<?php the_title();?>

if ( function_exists('dynamic_sidebar') )
    echo '
    ';
    dynamic_sidebar('Widgets Home');
    echo '
    ';
    ?>
    '; else echo '
    ';?>

$mypostimage = the_post_thumbnail( 'thumbnail', array('class' => 'homethumb' , 'alt' => get_the_title() , 'title' => get_the_title() ));
    the_excerpt('FULL ARTICLE »');} else {the_excerpt('FULL ARTICLE »'); } ?>

bmoneruiux
Participant

Any WP gurus out there that can help me and help me to understand what’s going on as it’s changed?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.