Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Hello my name is….

• # February 29, 2012 at 7:56 pm

Hey,
    not sure if this has been done before
    But I’d like to start a thread for people to get to know one another here :D

I’m a general IT guy from Dublin, Ireland and web design is a hobby of mine and I’m here because I like to help others and learn from you all

Working on getting a portfolio site up but for the moment I’m on Twitter :)

*EDIT*
    ….my name is Karl

# February 29, 2012 at 8:14 pm

G’day Karl(?), I’m Josh, an Australian web enthusiast.

CSS-Tricks was one of the first blogs I started frequenting, and I have learnt an incredible amount from Chris. I have been attempting to give back via the forums for a little while now, and I am always learning.

For those that are interested, I write about web related stuff at joshnh.com. Keep in mind that I am no expert, and everything there is merely my opinion.

# February 29, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Hey Josh, yup the name’s Karl,
    Your site is beautifully made and I love the title effect :) bookmarked

# February 29, 2012 at 8:31 pm

I thought so, didn’t want to assume though (you know what they say).

Thanks mate, it’s a constant work in progress, but a lot of fun too!

# February 29, 2012 at 9:47 pm

hi, I am Amit Kamble, a graduating student and a web lover. Got into actual web designing and developing 6 months ago and still working and learning a lot.

i have a portfolio site http://www.amitashokkamble.com which is my first portfolio site as well as first wordpress site. so, hopefully will update on it.

been taking few freelancing projects which are “soon to be live….”.

And this forum “CSS-TRICKS” is the best place to learn stuff. :)

# March 1, 2012 at 1:31 am

Hello, I’m Adi, and young web enthusiast from California. I was recommended CSS-Tricks months ago, and I check it regularly now. I currently don’t have a portfolio site. I’ve designed websites for various groups I’m associated in and family.

Rob
    # March 1, 2012 at 3:17 am

Helloooo :D

I’m Rob, welcome to the forums everyone :D

# March 1, 2012 at 4:43 am

Hello! I’m Andy, I own Unleash IT (Ltd) here in Southampton in the UK, basically we do websites and hosting. So I’m always lurking on here for the latest tips and tricks!

# March 1, 2012 at 8:56 am

Nice to meet you all :D

@amyth91 I love your portfolio, always great to see fresh looking unique sites, keep up the good work :)

# March 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

@karl : thanks and wow you liked it. Hopefully not the best but, it will be replaced by a new one soon.

cheers..

“at least someone liked the theme”

# March 1, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Nice idea for a thread – thanks for starting it.

I’m Dave Rollins. I got interested in web design 8-10 years ago when I wanted a site for my photography. I bought a couple of HTML books and eventually made my first site. It was absolutely terrible: tables, horrid colors, no CSS, didn’t know about validation, hadn’t learned about standards – pretty much every mistake you can make. Since being laid off from the company where I thought I’d work the rest of my career, I’ve worked to improve my design & coding enough to earn be proud of my sites and to earn some money. I’ve managed to get a few clients (mostly from my Art League), and I’m slowly approaching the point where I’ll consider myself competent.

I don’t have a portfolio site yet – that’s the next big project on my list.

# March 1, 2012 at 6:23 pm

Hi all, I’m Josh (one of the many on this forum!). I used to manage a chunk of a large company that finally let go all of their support staff as they spiral into oblivion :) With the writing on the wall I started doing a ton of freelance work and then when I finally got let go, I started a company. So now I’m “in the wild”! I’m working to redo my site, branding, etc in the next 6 months – I felt like it was rushed since I had to get it out so quickly.

So yeah, this is my life now and I am loving the change. My continual thanks always goes out to CSS Tricks for being such an amazing resource and community. It really is a great group of people!

# March 1, 2012 at 6:27 pm

@ Dave and Josh
    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end

Hope all goes well for you guys :) I hope to someday be a full time developer

# March 1, 2012 at 7:45 pm

Howdy y’all, I’m Cliff White, from from the great state of Texas, as you’ve probably guessed from my icon, and last two letters of my username… I’m a home-schooled high school sophomore. I first got into web design about a year and a half ago when it was kinda forced down my throat for an organization I’m in. Like snillor, I did everything wrong for a while, but CSS-Tricks has done a pretty good job of straightening me out, I think. I haven’t done a huge number of sites yet, as I’m pretty busy with school. I’ve been taking the “teach yourself” attitude on most things, and I’m trying to pass that on here on the forums.

P.S. Josh Hibbert: You ARE an expert.

# March 1, 2012 at 8:04 pm

This was a great idea. I’m sure we are all familiar with each other’s usernames, but we have never stopped to say hi! Great to pseudo-meet all of you! I am also self taught, as it seems many of us here are.

Oh, and Cliff, I am most certainly not an expert, but I appreciate your kind words :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".