Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Have you ever…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jamygolden

Left a day job for a side-project you thought would work out and minor freelance work?

TT_Mark

Nope. I have called in ‘sick’ on a day job to finish off freelancing work though….does that count? ;-)

I almost did leave once for a side project but the guy who’s idea it was chose a more experienced developer.

jamygolden

Haha it does count :P

What would you have done for income? I’m thinking about doing this but I want to make sure I know all the pros and cons before I decide.

TheDoc

You’ll want to set up a solid base before you venture into the void.

Have lots of money saved up. Have a few projects lined up already. Start talking to everyone you know about services that you offer.

I work full-time for a web development company and I’m not itching to leave just yet, but the freedom of freelancing or working with a new company will pull me away at some point.

noahgelman
    Participant

I’ve debated every now and then of quitting my job to work on my own projects or other projects as part of a team. If there were a project I thought would really take off and that I couldn’t work effectively at while also doing my job, I would think it over.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.