Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Have you been hijacked Chris

• # August 13, 2008 at 8:55 am

What’s with all the non-CSS comments that are appearing on the boards?

Do you think that this is a result of that post about being banned from the gaming site?

Maybe a general reset / password change would sort it out.

sorta throws you when your reading about a position error to be told that Kelly Sotherton is gonna win a gold at the olympics!

# August 13, 2008 at 12:10 pm

Just some spam bots hitting the boards. I am trying to watch it, and Edwin is helping moderate the boards as well deleting spam as it pops up. Sorry about any confusion. Stupid spam!

box
    # August 13, 2008 at 1:13 pm

Lots o’ spam just now!! – What purpose does it really serve? Shame.

# August 13, 2008 at 5:02 pm

I just cleaned it all away again. I do my best to keep this place clean. Checking it now at least once a day, but try to do twice a day. I’ll do my best! :)

# August 18, 2008 at 8:29 pm

the one problem with phpBB boards. They are fantastic but bots like to find there way to them and spam them.

For phpBB 2 there used to be a lot of hacks and mods you could install to help stop them (some more successful than others). Have you tried installing any to stop them? Perhaps that could be the next step if it gets to bad.

# August 23, 2008 at 12:44 pm

Isn’t there a way of making them do a CAPTCHA when registering as a user? I believe there’s a plugin somewhere…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".