Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Has anyone used "Starkers"?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Toby Pitman
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone has had a look at ‘Starkers’ WordPress theme by Elliot Jay Stocks.

It’s basically a totally naked theme with virtually no styling or unnecessary mark-up. Essentially a blank template for WordPress themers, CSS reset and all. I just used it and found it really easy to edit and style. Compared to editing the Default theme it’s a breeze. Even the PHP side was easier to get my head around.

If your not familiar with it and into WordPress theming check it out here.

Any thoughts?

Tob

Towers

Wish I had had this when I created my own blog, that’s for sure.

garethvjones

Have downloaded – Excellent find :D

elena

the Starkers theme is a brilliant starting point from any Web designer /developer point of view since it gives us the clean starting point from wich to style up the website i think starkers ar great

Edwin

Haven’t used it yet, but almost sure I’m gonna use it when I have to design a wordpress theme :)

zero

I think Chris talked about Starkers in his "Designing for WP" series.

But ya, I’ve used Starkers. Love it.

I’ve also used the sandbox (http://sndbx.org), which uses alot of complicated php to give posts and pages dynamic classes that describe the post’s date, category, tag, author, etc.

I like Starkers more tho, its more flexible, clean, and simple under the hood.

ploughansen

I know this site is a big fan of WordPress (my self included), but I am doing a site in Joomla, and are currently trying to customize a theme to fit my client’s need.
    Two word…. BIG PAIN! :shock:

I have looked at the Starkers theme by Elliot Jay, and also seen the screencasts by Chris, where he goes over it, and it’s exactly what I need! …just for Joomla!

Anybody know of a good alternative for Joomla templates? I basically want to strip out ALL styles, and be in total control, like all the wordpress-starkers out there.

Cyberek
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    something like this?

http://s.imp.ly/joomla/

Could You repost the link, couse it is broken?

Cyberek

I does know wordpress starkers, but i’m searching also for joomla starkers, and couldn’t find a good solution ;).

Luminated

I just started using it recently and it’s awesome. Finally get to set up a theme the way I want. So much easier than stripping down (pun) an already designed theme.

And you really learn more about WordPress doing it this way as well. 8-)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.