Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Halp with Nav pushed up in IE7

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    aspiringWebbie
    Participant

Good morning –
    I am looking for assistance with 2 thngs happening in IE7. If you could please visit this link – http://www.creativeeyedia.com

1) The nav links for the states (on the Stories page) are pushed up in IE7 and I am baffled.

2) Also – the main content on all the pages is pushed up underneath the navigation on all the pages. Any assistance you may be able to provide me is greatly appreciated –

Thank you
    Brian

virtual
    Participant

For the first problem change margin-top to padding-top for #states ul in IE7

For the second problem remove the overflow: hidden from #navigation.

I don’t know if you are aware but there is also a problem on Mac in Firefox and Safari.

aspiringWebbie
    Participant

I removed overflow: hidden as well as the bottom margin and added a height to the nav – this seemed to fix the issues

What is happening on the Mac browsers?

Thanks Virtual –

virtual
    Participant

The Firefox issue can be fixed by reducing padding-right on li class left to 155px.
    [attachment=1]Picture 1.png[/attachment]

I haven’t had time to look at Safari with the Web Inspector.
    [attachment=0]Picture 2.png[/attachment]

You could also eliminate your #navigation div altogether and give the ul an id of navigation. This cuts down on unnecessary markup but doesn’t fix the problem.

virtual
    Participant

P.S. I saw on Killersites that you added a height to the header, I guess you didn’t upload it yet. Maybe this will fix the problem in Safari.

aspiringWebbie
    Participant

Thanks Virtual

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.