Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Hacked site

• # July 29, 2012 at 2:35 am

This morning, when checking my emails, I noticed that the account done through my website was failing to authorize. I didn’t think too much of it, but decided to check my site anyway. Strangely enough, my site wasn’t loading the style sheet. I contacted my hosting provider to ask why this might be, and they had a look into it, saying everything was fine on their end.

Everything is certainly not fine. Currently my URL is being forwarded to this site: http://digitaljournalist.eu/

Some people can still see my site, but it is an old version, and I think this is to do with the use of CloudFlare.

I can log in via FTP and cPanel, and no files have been changed. And according to my domain name provider, the DNS records have not changed. I have since changed them back to my host directly, instead of CloudFlare.

I have no idea how this has happened, and would love any insight if you think you might now what is going on.

Thanks.

# July 29, 2012 at 3:36 am

My hosting provider decommissioned the server my site was on…

# July 29, 2012 at 5:15 am

Solved? Everything works for me.

# July 29, 2012 at 7:30 pm

@ChristopherBurton Yeah, back to normal now. Quite a few frantic hours of problem solving though.

# July 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm

So did you determine what it was? Was it Cloudflare that caused it or was it a problem with the server they decommissioned (or is that the same thing?)

# July 29, 2012 at 8:40 pm

@JoshWhite They turned off my server, somehow not realising I was still using it. As to why this caused another, completely different site to show up, I have no idea.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".