Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Gradient Problems in ff2 and ie6

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vee

Hi folks,

hope you can help me with a small problem I’ve got with some gradient images in the background of my page..

Well, I’ve got an image with a web-compatible gradient (web-colors) in the background, in the stylesheet for the firefox browser, it’s a png image. Works well in Firefox 3 but when I open the site in firefox 2 it generates me an image with some awful horizontal stripes…
    The same with a jpg image in ie6.. What’s the problem in rendering these images correctly?

Anyone got an idea? Please help me.. I nearly tried out everything, checked the color settings in Windows (32bit color depth), checked the image profile (horiz/vertical resolution: 96dpi (? << from the details), it’s a png-24…

Dunno what to do know…

Cotton

Could you post a link, even if it’s just a blank page with just the image on it – repeating if need be to see.

vee

http://www.in3d.net/sample_ff2_ie6.jpg >>just a screenshot, it’s a big project so I cannot post a link at the moment..

I just tried the link myself cos I took the screenshot on another laptop (where I have firefox 2 and ie6 installed). The strange thing is that it’s still unsharp/with stripes on this laptop monitor but not that extremely than on the other one… So I think it could be a monitor problem..Grr I hate that cos I never know what’s the ressource of the problem?
    Probably I have to check it on several computers with ff2 and ie6?

vee

Here’s a better comparison:

http://www.in3d.net/sample_ff2-3.jpg

vee

I think I found the reason for myself..if u choose: Save for web in photobob & Quality settings: 70, the image won’t be rendered well in ie6 &ff2, just in the newer browsers…so it has to be a larger file for them…

cssgirl
    Participant

Yep you’re correct you’re save settings in your graphics program will cause rendering issues if you set the quality too low.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.