Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Google Maps Embed Bug

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I embed Google maps API v3 onto my website and i’ts working well. But one problem i’m having is that when you click “contact us” then click another tab, and go back to “contact us” section, the map doesn’t fully load. Only a small portion does. This also happens when you click the blue arrow and re-open “contact us” section. Anyone have any idea what’s causing this? http://reallycoolstuff.net/PROJECTS/Unica

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Can’t find out where the bug comes from, but re-calling `initialize();` seems to fix it (put it after fading in #contact_us in index.js)

Anonymous
    Inactive

@CrocoDillon The map is wrapped in a div and the div is what fades in and out along with whatever is inside it. I don’t fully understand what you mean
    > (put it after fading in #contact_us in index.js)

CrocoDillon
    Participant

You’re fading in that div (with id ‘contact_us’), line 26 of index.js… if you call `initialize();` right after that, does it work? (initialize is a function you added to global scope that initializes the map, I don’t think it should be in global scope, but for now it might fixes things :P )

$(“#contact_us_nav”).click(function() {
    $(“#about_us”).fadeOut(200);
    $(“#contact_us”).fadeIn(200);
    $(“#customize”).fadeOut(200);
    initialize();
    });

Anonymous
    Inactive

@CrocoDillon That fixed it :D. Thank you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.