Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Google Custom Search: Where Does Their Code Go?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    jamygolden

Yeah, everything is contained within a

HenryHunter

Hey man sorry for being annoying, but where EXACTLY does the first snippet of code go? I’m looking in the header & index page for a place to put it but I’m not sure where. Are you sure it doesn’t go in searchform.php?

jamygolden

index.php, header.php, loop.php, sidebar.php, footer.php and searchform.php can all be part of the home page. So if you put something within searchform.php, it will be on the page as much as something you put within sidebar.php.

What you need to do is make sure it works before you worry about where to place it. You could put the first snippet right after <body>, just to test if it works

HenryHunter

Ok, I definitely made some progress. I’m trying to stick the Google Search bar into the navigation bar with no luck, but that’s a problem for later. The search results are indeed showing up in the “page-search-results” page, and they’re showing up sort of how I want them to show up. I’m slowly understanding how this thing is supposed to work now that I’ve played around with it about 20 times. Thanks a lot for your help man. I would have never guessed any of this on my own.

Can you email me your paypal user name, or ID (however it works)?

jamygolden

It’s my pleasure. If you need any more help, just ask :p

I haven’t been helping you because I wanted any money :p I could just see that you needed it.

HenryHunter

Ah man that’s freaking awesome dude. You’ve been such a big help. I can’t thank you enough. This site and its members have been great. I’m sure I can use your help for a few other things in the future, and in those cases let me give you some cheddar.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.