Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Google and Bing Search

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alex_wilson
    Participant

I just uploaded the new site for Rapids City, IL, but if you search for it on google the title is “sewer issues!” which is what the title of the old site was listed as, because of some Go Daddy Web Designer issue.

Is it going to take a couple days for google and bing to update the search results to correspond to the current, or do I need to contact them?

TheDoc

It’s not going to happen instantly. You should set the website up with Google Webmaster tools.

alex_wilson
    Participant

Alright, thanks! I just set it up.

alex_wilson
    Participant

@jurotek Thanks man! Almost regretting the decision to do this for free! :) I also submitted multiple requests for URL removals through Google for the old site.

alex_wilson
    Participant

@jurotek also I tried to verify the site using Google Webmaster, but it wasn’t listed in the site management section.

alex_wilson
    Participant

Yea, I originally did the steps for verifying, but the verify option wasn’t listed on webmaster. However, there was a verify on Go Daddy. I added a sitemap.xml and submitted it to Google.

alex_wilson
    Participant

@jurotek I got an error from Google saying that it couldn’t crawl the sit because it couldn’t find robot.txt. How do I get robot.txt?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.