Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Good tutorial

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AlCapone
    Participant

Hi, anyone out there know a good php form validation tutorial, I can’t seem to find one, i’m sure i have checked this site already and only found javascript validation. Preferably I would like the tutorial to only use the one php file, so the form action refreshes the current page and sends the values to be validated and echoes out the results. The weird thing is that i have managed to do this with one site of mine, but i am trying to do it with another site but i just cant get it to work, and i have know idea why,

Many Thanks
    CHris

AlCapone
    Participant

Thanks a lot, i will look into that one as soon as possible.

AlCapone
    Participant

ok, i found this video tutorial which uses ajax to validate when the send button is clicked. Is this a good thing to do? I thought that we had to use php incase the user has disabled jquery… If this needs it enabled to send the for are we defeating the purpose?

AlCapone
    Participant

It does use php aswell, when you click the submit button ajax and jquery check and then send to php file – but if the user has jquery disabled nothing will happen when the submit button is clicked. So is this a good method and its their fault they have it disabled, if they want to use it they must enable it, or is this not a good thing to do?

AlCapone
    Participant

ok, thanks for all of your help apostrophe, the second link you gave was exactly what i was looking for and it has worked perfectly. you can maek this convo as solved.

Many THanks
    Chris

stoyv

Php Forms http://phpforms.net/
    Create any kind of web form in several mouse clicks! Generate a code that can be easily copied and pasted to any web page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.