Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Full page background in wordpress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Senff
    Participant

> thanks for the help, but overriding it in the css won’t work.. i’ve tried so many times by now. What do you think about setting the custom background to an empty-transparent png image?

Please try it again, and show us. It should be easy so perhaps we can see where it goes wrong. You may have had some specificity issues, so adding “html” in front of it, or @Paulie_D’s suggestion to use !important might help.

Setting the background to a transparent image won’t work, because the background color will still be there (like I said, I’m not sure how to completely remove the color from the settings, only how to change it).

slaggsten

It worked with the new code you posted paulie! THAAAANKYOUUU!

finally!

whats the difference between the code with the !important; /* or none */ and the other?

Paulie_D

The `/* xxxx*/` was just to indicate a comment.

I think you can ‘reset’ the background by setting it to none but if `transparent` works then that’s OK.

The `!important` addition just means, in CSS parlance, “I don’t care about whatever specificity rules might apply..USE THIS”.

It should be used sparingly…very sparingly.

Senff
    Participant

(Too bad !important is being chosen over specificity, but ah…..)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.