Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Freshly Redesigned Portfolio Site

• # January 1, 2009 at 9:34 pm

Hello everyone…

Since it’s the new year, I thought I should finally launch my redesigned website. Anyone have comments, especially related to usability / accessibility? I tried to focus especially on accessibility, and though I don’t necessarily understand everything just yet, I hope that it’s a good start.

This is probably the most detailed site I have done to date, and has taken a significant portion of my time over the last month or so. There are still minor things I can tweak, but it’s 99% complete. The next step will either be to write a blog engine/CMS in PHP (I know I would be reinventing the wheel, but I need the PHP experience) or use WordPress or CMS Made Simple.

Thanks for your comments. ;)

http://www.falkencreative.com

# January 1, 2009 at 9:56 pm

You know, I don’t think I have any critiques, looks great.

# January 1, 2009 at 10:32 pm

Looks very nice, the only thing I would mention is that it took a considerable time to load up on my dial-up account, but that may be nit-picking.

# January 1, 2009 at 11:26 pm
    "surelock" wrote:
    Looks very nice, the only thing I would mention is that it took a considerable time to load up on my dial-up account, but that may be nit-picking.

No, that’s valid… The site is a bit heavy (about 250kb when initially loaded, though it drops to 80kb or so once items are cached). I’ll see what I can do.

# January 2, 2009 at 12:18 am

I don’t think the file size was big at all, especially for a portfolio site.

I don’t think you need to do any changes there.

Rob
    # January 2, 2009 at 3:25 am

v nice, and I like the simple footer a lot.

# January 2, 2009 at 2:22 pm

thanks for the comments!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".