Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Free Search Engine?

• # November 6, 2011 at 9:18 pm

This is probably going to start a big argument, but what’s the best free search engine available that can be embedded into a website? This is for a non-profit, if that broadens the search any.
    Thanks,
    Cliff

# November 6, 2011 at 9:45 pm

Google Site Search

# November 6, 2011 at 10:55 pm

You could just use this websearch jQuery plugin I wrote and add any number of search engines to your site. If you want the searches to specifically target your site, you can modify the search string in the plugin to include the site url: “site:http://mysite.com

There are actually two versions, one is a jQuery UI widget and the other one is independent of jQuery UI.

# November 7, 2011 at 8:27 am

I’ve already looked into Google, but they don’t allow enough customizing for what I need. For free, that is. I’m looking for something along the lines of their advanced plan, but free. @Mottie, I need to host the results on one of the pages of my site, do you know of any way to do this.

# November 7, 2011 at 4:16 pm

Sadly, no I don’t think there is an easy solution. I do have an example there to open the results in a light box, but that’s not ideal either.

# November 7, 2011 at 5:04 pm

Okaaaaaayyy. . . Thanks.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".