Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Foxycart free as long as no credit transcations?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paesano2000
    Participant

Heya I’ve been looking to add some e-commerce to a wordpress blog and been looking at various solutions (paid and free).

I first checked out Foxycart as Chris has championed it around here, and I am very interested in using it. I’m aware that foxycart is free during development, however could you use foxycart for free as long as you do not need credit transactions?

What I am looking for is having the "cart" function of adding multiple items, and the checkout process merely send an order email and a confirmation email to the user.

Perhaps another e-commerce solution would better fit my need? Any suggestions on a particular "cart" solution?

You could use FoxyCart for that with the Purchase Order payment method, but it wouldn’t be free. It would be Foxy, though ;)

TheDoc

Hey Brett,

Thanks for registering under a foxycart username. It makes you a much more trusted source of info, AND we don’t think you’re just spam! Hurrah!

Paesano2000
    Participant

Ahhh I see, I kind of thought the monthly cost was associated with processing credit cards, but I guess I am mistaken. I looked into the foxycart solution and understand now the monthly recurring costs…basically your paying for not having a headache!
    Its nice to be able to be able to use it during the building stage of the site too.

"foxycart_brett" wrote:
    You could use FoxyCart for that with the Purchase Order payment method, but it wouldn’t be free. It would be Foxy, though ;)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.