Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS FOUT (Flash of Unstyled Text)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    markus8585

Why is it that I am seeing such a huge difference in the flash of unstlyed text on all of my sites using typekit but on sites like this one (css-tricks) there does not seem to be any text jumping?

I have tried hiding the text until its finished loading the fonts but that doesnt seem to be a great solution. They also don’t seem to be doing that here.

example site for reference… http://johiteshelton.com/

pmac627
    Participant

Try FOUTBGone

chrisburton
    Participant

@markus8585 I’m not seeing any FOUT issues.

Edit: I just noticed that was an example. Try using the asynchronous embed code shown here.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

This is a super old thread, but I just had a “OMG I’m glad we’re back to considering FOUT good, because otherwise I wouldn’t have been able to use this site” (because I was using internet in a car and it was slow and spotty, but important).

fout

Alex Zaworski
    Participant

I think FOUT in general is A Good Thing™ but it bugs me to no end when it happens on every page load ’cause people aren’t testing if fonts are already loaded.

I get that we’re meant to be designing for mobile or whatever but when I’m sitting at home with 100mbps and stuff’s hurk jerkin’ I’m just like ugh 😒

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.