Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Foundation – good tool for responsive design noobs?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    snillor

I’m finally accepting the inevitable – that soon more browsing will be done using small-screen mobile devices than large-monitor PCs. So I’m planning on redesigning a few small client sites to be responsive. I’m a complete novice at this, so I’m looking for good (and preferably free) tools to help me get through it.

(One challenge on these sites is that they’re all image heavy: sites for artists and photographers to show their work. And of course, the images must look good even on small screens. I plan to use responsive images, with the width set to a % of their parents’ width.)

Foundation appears to be one of these tools. Can anyone who has used Foundation or similar tools share his/her experience/opinion? Did it work well for you? Any deficiencies? Any other caveats? Key things you MUST do and key things to AVOID doing? Any other suggestions/comments?

Thanks

ukando

The first one I tried was Starkers WP theme.
    But later made own framework with using 1140px grid, where actually I learned how all grids and responsive works. I recommend it highly.

snillor

Thanks for the quick response, Ukando. I’ve bookmarked your 1140px grid and will look at it later.

(FYI for any other responders: I’m not planning on using WP.)

snillor

traq:

That’s good to hear. Thanks for the feedback.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.