If the page is restored down the footer get smaller that the width of the page.
steps to recreate:
1. Restore your window down and resize it to a thin long size (like a rectangle taller than it is wide)
2. Maximize the window and view the link provided
3. Restore the page back down
4. Scroll down to see the footer
5. Scroll the horizontal bar and notice the size of the footer background
I’m looking for a solution, but any insight would be great. I’m sure it’s something small I’m missing.
The problem with widths in percentages is that they have to be a percentage of something, containing div or viewport. If you make the width of your footer say 150% your problem disappears, so you need to find which div your percentage is relative to.
Does that make sense…? :?