Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Footer appears on home.php but not on other pages.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jtrinker
    Participant

The link to the homepage is http://lm.ccgideas.com/

As you can see the footer shows up totally fine here. But go to http://lm.ccgideas.com/parts and the footer does not show up.

There is a different style sheet for the parts page but the background image for the footer is the same.

Any ideas? Thank you kindly.

Bob

That is because in the stylesheet for the parts page, your only code for the footer is this:

p#footer {width:860px; height:62px; margin:5px 0 0 0; background-image:url(images/bottom-bg.png); background-position:center;
    background-repeat:no-repeat; font-size:11px; padding:13px 50px 0 50px;}

#footer .social-media-link {border-bottom:none; text-decoration:none; position:relative; top:11px;}

There is no image in that code, as opposed to the code on your main page, which looks like this:

#content #footer {background-color:transparent; width:960px; height:75px; margin:5px 0 0 0; text-align:center; background-image:url(images/bottom-bg.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
    #content #footer p {font-size:11px; margin:0 auto; height:50px; position:relative; bottom:23px;}
    #content #footer #social-media {margin-left:45px; width:90px; position:relative; bottom:6px;}
    #content #footer #social-media p {margin:0; float:left;}
    #content #footer #social-media p a {float:left; width:25px; height:25px; margin-left:5px; text-decoration:none; border:none; text-indent:-999999px;}
    #content #footer #social-media p #facebook {width:28px; height:28px; text-indent:-999999px;
    background-image:url(images/icon-facebook.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;}
    #content #footer #social-media p #twitter {width:25px; height:25px; text-indent:-999999px;
    background-image:url(images/icon-twitter.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;}
    #content #footer #footer-text {padding-top:29px;}
    jtrinker
    Participant

Thank you for your reply. However, I made the styling for the footer identical in both stylesheets and it’s still not showing.

Bob

I think that would be because on your home page, the #footer div is inside your #content div, like you have in your css code: #content #footer { … }

On your parts page, either put the #footer div in the #content div as well or just change your css code from #content #footer { … } to #footer { … }

jtrinker
    Participant

Wow I don’t know how I missed that. Thank you, Bob.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.