Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Font suggestions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    markthema3
    Participant

I’m trying to decide on fonts for a calendar web appliaction.
    Right now I’m playing with Duru Sans, Carme, and Alef (all on Google Fonts), but it’s not coming out how I want it.
    This is what I have. It’d be nice to find a font with a plus character that’s a little closer to the size of other characters for the “add event” button, but that’s not necessary.

chrisburton
    Participant

What are your requirements and what is this use case for this?

markthema3
    Participant

It’s going to be a self-management web app so that you can schedule blocks of time where, say social media sites won’t be accessable (blocked via a chrome extension I’m working on). I’m developing it for personal use as well as to provide as a paid service. So kind of aiming for a professional feel, but not too corporate. So I want something that isn’t distracting but is somewhat stylish.

chrisburton
    Participant

Okay so this is specifically for browsers on a desktop environment? Also, do you have a live site for this other than CodePen?

The first typeface that comes to mind is Shift. It is really one of a kind.

markthema3
    Participant

I do have a live site but the code for the layout is a few steps behind, I fixed some bugs and added the calendar area itself to the codepen mockup during a break today but haven’t gotten home to update the live site (It’s just hosted on my development box and port forwarded to the world at large, but I don’t have ftp setup yet.)

I’m not a huge fan of serifs but that font is lovely. At the very least considering it for landing page headings and such. Any sans serif suggestions?

It’s primarily for desktops but I just realized that the latest version of chrome for android fixed a previous issue I was having with the layout of the nested flexboxes. So I may be improving mobile support shortly.

chrisburton
    Participant

I might go with Source Sans.

dyr
    Participant

Source Sans, Open Sans, Roboto

chrisburton
    Participant

I would have to disagree with Roboto if you’re going to be using Shift anywhere else for the project.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.