Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

font-face (icon fonts) not working in IE/FF (IIS/asp.net website)

• # June 18, 2013 at 10:48 am

Hello,

My icon fonts, downloaded through icomoon have stopped working only on an external server of ours, which still displays the same website. The errors I am getting are:

**downloadable font: download failed (**”src of font”**): bad URI or cross-site access not allowed** – FF

**@font-face failed cross-origin request. Resource access is restricted.** – IE 9&10… 8 works surprisingly.

Have been combating this error for a few days now, and have tried everything under the sun.

Thanks guys

# June 18, 2013 at 10:52 am

I know FF used to (perhaps still does) have issues with Cross Domain font loading.

This might be of assistance: http://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/21452/font-family-not-working-in-ie9-but-all-other-ies/p1

# June 18, 2013 at 10:57 am

Thanks, @Paulie_D

Since this is IIS, im unsure if I can include that snippet into my web.config…

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*”

# June 18, 2013 at 11:21 am

No that is for apace htaccess
    you will need to find some other version of that for iss
    I run apace so i cant rely help

# June 18, 2013 at 12:50 pm

Being on IIS, I’d say the best way is to just make sure that all your files (HTML, CSS, JS, fonts, etc.) are on the exact same domain.

# June 18, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I recently helped someone with the same issue.

Code: http://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/comment/106784/#Comment_106784

# June 18, 2013 at 1:25 pm

-confoosed-

IIS doesn’t use htaccess? Unless you install a third party thingie like Helicon?

# June 18, 2013 at 2:10 pm

Not in all versions of IIS

# June 18, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Correct, IIS does not use htaccess.

Though, what i did to solve the problem was create a web.config file in my fonts folder and BOOM…

# June 18, 2013 at 4:06 pm

< ?xml version="1.0"?>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".