Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS font-face (icon fonts) not working in IE/FF (IIS/asp.net website)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    nickmeloy

Hello,

My icon fonts, downloaded through icomoon have stopped working only on an external server of ours, which still displays the same website. The errors I am getting are:

**downloadable font: download failed (**”src of font”**): bad URI or cross-site access not allowed** – FF

**@font-face failed cross-origin request. Resource access is restricted.** – IE 9&10… 8 works surprisingly.

Have been combating this error for a few days now, and have tried everything under the sun.

Thanks guys

Paulie_D

I know FF used to (perhaps still does) have issues with Cross Domain font loading.

This might be of assistance: https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/21452/font-family-not-working-in-ie9-but-all-other-ies/p1

nickmeloy

Thanks, @Paulie_D

Since this is IIS, im unsure if I can include that snippet into my web.config…

Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*”

Htmlmainiac

No that is for apace htaccess
    you will need to find some other version of that for iss
    I run apace so i cant rely help

Senff
    Participant

Being on IIS, I’d say the best way is to just make sure that all your files (HTML, CSS, JS, fonts, etc.) are on the exact same domain.

chrisburton
    Participant

I recently helped someone with the same issue.

Code: https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/comment/106784/#Comment_106784

Senff
    Participant

-confoosed-

IIS doesn’t use htaccess? Unless you install a third party thingie like Helicon?

chrisburton
    Participant

Not in all versions of IIS

nickmeloy

Correct, IIS does not use htaccess.

Though, what i did to solve the problem was create a web.config file in my fonts folder and BOOM…

nickmeloy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.