What Josh said, but also, I’ve had a situation where I had to run an IcoMoon export through Font Squirrel (http://www.fontsquirrel.com/) to get it to work in Firefox as well. So try that if you’re font is actually local and not working.
I ran into this same issue, and this fix only worked on FontSquirrel’s Basic settings (ie this setting: ‘Straight conversion with minimal processing.’). Optimal and Expert processing gave me back empty files. Hopefully this saves future searchers some time.
Same issue, works fine on local with Firefox (Mac os) but not on live site. Re-upload font to FontSquirrel Webfont Generator still having the problem after that…However, its working fine on other computers just not mine..
@gin85cc I was having the same issue on Firefox. Worked on local setup but not on my WPengine server. I ran the TTF through Font Squirrel (Basic ettings) and now it works fine. The one thing is you have to go into IcoMoon’s style.css file and change the font family from ‘icomoon’ to ‘icomoonregular’, as Font Squirrel seems to name it differently. Hope that helps.
I just had this issue on a site in development, and the same problem was occurring in Chrome and Safari, as well. Per one of Josh’s links above, I added the .htaccess file to folder containing the custom font files, as well as running the faces through FontSquirrel. So, far, so good (but still in local dev). I’ll see how things go when the site is pushed live.
Thanks a lot! I was gettin’ real frustrated and wondering how I was going to fix this problem. I’m not sure which one (running through fontsquirrel or the .htaccess statement) or combination of both that fixed the issue, I did both, but voila! there the icons were pretty as could be. I should mention, the same problem was happening in IE 11 as well as FF 28, but the problem is solved in both now. It just love it when a plan comes together!