Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Floating a javascript Slideshow

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mattdonnelly

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if someone could help me with a small problem I am having, I am trying to float two divs side by side, the left div is supposed to just be text and the right div is supposed to be a javascript slideshow. The only problem is that the slideshow has its own css and I can’t get it to float to the right, it always appears below the left div. I have tried adding the the float: right line of css to every part of it’s css as well as the main.css but it still wont work!

You can have a look at the page here http://icedqueens.com/indexcss.html

The slideshow css is here: http://icedqueens.com/css/slideshow.css

And the main css is here: http://icedqueens.com/css/main-css.css

Hopefully you guys will have some ideas on what to do,

Thanks!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

is the layout you are talking about a table layout? Coz I had to fix the link you have there…

mattdonnelly
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    is the layout you are talking about a table layout? Coz I had to fix the link you have there…

The link I gave in the post is all in css but the live version on the website is done in tables. I’m trying to convert the whole website to css

JRGould

For starters: there is no <align> element. so get rid of that – then your css links in the header should be reversed if you want to be able to override css from slideshow.css with main-css.css – also, make sure you’re taking into account the inline css that the script is adding to your slideshow divs

this is the generated source of your slideshow divs

Code:
    Our CupcakesOur Cupcakes

In the end though, you’ve just misplaced a closing tag – I just achieved the effect in firebug by following these steps:
    1. remove the <align></align> tags
    2. move the </div> tag for #info from after #show to before #show, right after the info and the </strong> tag

mattdonnelly
    "JRGould" wrote:
    For starters: there is no <align> element. so get rid of that – then your css links in the header should be reversed if you want to be able to override css from slideshow.css with main-css.css – also, make sure you’re taking into account the inline css that the script is adding to your slideshow divs

this is the generated source of your slideshow divs

Code:
    Our CupcakesOur Cupcakes

In the end though, you’ve just misplaced a closing tag – I just achieved the effect in firebug by following these steps:
    1. remove the <align></align> tags
    2. move the </div> tag for #info from after #show to before #show, right after the info and the </strong> tag

It worked,Thank you so much! You’re complete lifesaver :D I cant believe it was that simple :P

JRGould

Glad I could help – I get a sick pleasure out of debugging… :p

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.