Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS flickr and json

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chinnr

I’m following along the wordpress video series and making pretty good progress. Ran across a couple questions though:

1) Is there a way to only show the 8 most recent photos from my flickr account?

2) The Twitter feed worked….once…then it quit displaying my latest tweet. A bit later it showed it again. Now it’s not. I’m guessing this is a twitter issue — not that they are ever down or anything ;)

Thanks for the help!

pab

you can control the amount of picture with an if statement at the end of your function

say you want to display 5 pictures you put

if ( index == 4 ) return false;

and that should do it

for the twitter …

twitter is always down, so i assume thats the reason, Ive had issues with them before

chinnr

pab – Thanks so much – that did the trick for the flickr images.

I figured that was probably the case for twitter. Is there any way to show a "Twitter Down" message if it can’t get a post?

This forum has to be the best one I’ve ever used in terms of feedback and helpfulness. Great job Chris and frequent forum followers!

phlacin

Great tutorials, by the way.

My question is where do get the Flickr code to make the getJSON work for my photos?

Thanks,
    phlacin

phlacin

Cancel that request. I found it. If anyone else was curious here is the link:

http://www.viget.com/inspire/pulling-your-flickr-feed-with-jquery/

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.