i tried a lot the last days and searched for solutions but i just didn’t manage to achieve what i need.
Sounds like a normale flexibel <div> with scollbars in the beginning, but no it’s not that easy.
3 elements on one site:
- header.div (fix height)
- main.div (flexible height)
- footer.viv (fix height)
- header always on top
- footer always on bottom
-> that’s easy
- no browser scrollbar
- scrollable content
-> still easy
- main height should be flexible with the window height
- main should always fill the rest of height, which is left between header & footer.
- if then there is to much content in main.div show scrollbars.
- if user resizes window main should resize and show/hide scrollbars on the fly
-> no clue
i tried it with divs, had no chance. now i’m trying a table. (seems better)
i have problems because, overflow:scroll; just works when a height is set but i don’t know the height, not in px neither in %.
Is this possible? or is it just impossible to do it – without JS of course. would be beautiful without table.
I attached a image, maybe it helps to understand.
so, if this is to easy for you, please, don’t tell me such things ;-)