Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Flash Template Note Saving

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    enfotoad

Hi there!

I recently found an amazing free flash template at http://www.flashmo.com/preview/flashmo_171_nature

It’s newly released so I don’t know if it is bug proof. I was trying to edit something as simple as the title and trying to export a new swf, but I get the following errors:

Quote:
    **Error** flashmo 171 nature, Layer ‘actions’, Frame 1, Line 2: 1120: Access of undefined property page.
    flashmo_photo1.gotoAndStop( page );

**Error** flashmo 171 nature, Layer ‘actions’, Frame 1, Line 3: 1120: Access of undefined property page.
    flashmo_contents.gotoAndStop( page );

Total ActionScript Errors: 2, Reported Errors: 2

Any idea on how I can fix this?

I appreciate any help,
    EnfoToad

AshtonSanders
    Participant

It sounds like your frame titles have been changed/dont’ exist. Did you have to convert the FLA to open it in your Flash? Are you sure you are editing the original file and that it was programmed in the same Flash Version? gotoAndStop is not a complicated function, so it just must not be able to find ‘flashmo_photo1’ or ‘page’

Hope that helps.

enfotoad

I am a flash noob so I don’t really know much.

The file I used is the one that is set to automatically open in Adobe Flash Editor (don’t know file extension at this moment… on my work computer). All I did was edit the title in the header and save the file and export a new image file.

What do I need to do?

apostrophe
    Participant

According to your link the template is an Actionscript 3 file, my guess is that you have saved it as Actionscript 2. Check what options you have when you ‘save as’.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Good point.

Also check when you "export" it. Check the export properties to make sure your using the latest ActionScript and Flash version.

enfotoad

It is saved in AS3 and Flash Version 9 form Flash CS3 (version 9)

apostrophe
    Participant

I have no idea what you have done then. I just downloaded it and changed the title in the header without any problems.

enfotoad

So when you changed the header and exported it… did you get any errors?

Also, did you ever have to touch the timeline while editing the header? If not… how did you do it?

enfotoad

I was chatting with AshtonSanders… but we couldn’t figure it out!

apostrophe
    Participant

I just went to the keyframe on frame 1 of the timeline on the header layer, double clicked on the text, edited it, saved it and went ‘test movie’. No errors, no problems.

enfotoad

Don’t test in flash… try exporting and replacing original.

apostrophe
    Participant
    "enfotoad" wrote:
    Don’t test in flash… try exporting and replacing original.

Why on earth would you want to do that?

By testing in Flash the SWF gets updated, you don’t need to do anything else.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

The only difference would occur if the SWF reads a relative file (ie. xml) but we chatted, and I don’t think that is the case. Everything seems to be run in the SWF.

Testing in Flash should be fine.

apostrophe
    Participant

Everything is contained in the SWF, except obviously the php stuff for the contact form, ‘test movie’ after every change is all you need to do.

enfotoad

OK… so I downlaod a new copy of theme and edited the title in the flash file… how do I correctly save it. Please give me exact instructions. Like I said… I am a Flash noob.

thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.