Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS fixed width box with scrollbar height of the full window

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    angrydev
    Participant

Hello,

I’m new here but have been coding w/ CSS for about 3 years now. I was wondering if anyone had a solution for this scenario.

I’m trying to make a fixed width, fixed height box that "mimics" overflow:scroll, but the scroll bar is actually the widow scrollbar (or a pseudo-window scrollbar). What I mean by that is, the box is sitting there and you have the scroll bar on the side of the browser scroll the box contents up and down. Possible with just css? If not, is there a solution with javascript?

dcp3450
    Participant

personally, if i wanted that effect I would place a div with my text as the background, use another div as a window. that would get the effect you want, maybe:

http://www.csszengarden.com/?cssfile=202/202.css

angrydev
    Participant

See, I am doing that, but my "window" (window from here on out is referring to the hole I create not the OS window.) is a TV and I wasn’t able to get an version that scaled proportionally. That layout you referred too allows for a varying width window, my widow needs to be fixed size. I have a mostly complete demo, I’ll upload it an post a link, but I’m having issues in chrome and safari with the TV not sitting at the bottom of the screen.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.