Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS fixed position on sidebar text without going to far down the footer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Tanedo

Hi CSS tricksters… :D Im needing some help with a website Im doing for the company Im working for here is the link Think Big Online

as you can see on the right side i have a text saying “How Do you describe people as eclectic as ours? You don’t. You let them do it. …” I want that text to scroll down but stop as soon as the footer appears…

Ive tried using

position:fixed;top:300px;margin-left:580px;

but the text would then overlap the footer as soon as it appears… any way I could stop the text position and make it scroll just inside the content area?

Can this be done by just CSS? or should I use jquery?

kidwon24

Well I don’t think you can handle it without javascript unless you fix the footer, either.
    With pure css you can hide it behind the footer using z-index but
    there would be a moment where it’s semi-behind semi-showing if that’s acceptable go for it.

John Tanedo

hi guys thanks for the response… since Id have to use js for that can you point me to the right direction? or maybe teach me how to make the effect… I dont want the text to go behind or disappear, i want it to stop just before the footer… can anyone help?

demersdesigns
    Participant

Hi John,
    This is a pretty handy jQuery plugin that I have used in the past. It should take care of what you need.

http://www.wduffy.co.uk/jScroll/

Hope that helps!
    -Paul

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.