Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

First website

• # November 22, 2008 at 8:33 pm

I’d appreciate feedback for my first design here. I don’t like the column layout in particular, so any suggestions would really be appreciated.

# November 24, 2008 at 1:06 pm

its a bit bland

# November 24, 2008 at 1:36 pm

It almost looks like a site map to me. You know, stripped down, show the info, no frills kind of thing. I feel everything is a little crammed together… There is a fine line between using too much white space and not enough, so play around with it a bit to get a more appealing look. Also, Blue is my favorite color and i love using it in design, however I feel your color scheme is quite plain and nothing really pops out from the white besides the right column, and the little logo. So, if you really like the multiple shades of blue, maybe choose a few darker blues for backgrounds to give it more contrast from the white background.

Just my opinion and 2 cents. On a positive note, its very clean looking and the code is clean. Yay! =)

# November 28, 2008 at 12:57 pm

I’ve changed quite a few things, what do you guys think now?

# November 29, 2008 at 9:03 pm

I think you need to get some background images/color involved, there is too much white space, it would help separate things a bit, maybe a background for your navigation other than white, then another for your sidebar, i would stick to lighter and paler colors though.

Rob
    # December 1, 2008 at 4:22 am

I quite like the whitespace, but I suppose you could try popping it in a box with a light offset white colour kinda like #eeeeee then you could try finding a new colour for the BG.

But tbh, I quite like the white space, you have aranged the site well so its all nicely aligned, which is very important when there is so much white.

# December 1, 2008 at 5:29 am

I quite like it. Looks clean and tidy, with just the right amount of white space IMHO. One thing to remember is: white space is good but white space doesn’t always have to be white. Maybe try experimenting with light background colours or images to pull the whole design together.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".