Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other First Website and Help wit Moving Boxes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WildSpirit

Hello Everyone!
    I’m almost done designing my first site ever! The page that is slowing me down is my portfolio page. I tried to use something called simpleview but couldn’t get it to work right so I figured I would try the moving boxes I found here on CSS tricks.
    The problem is they aren’t moving. They just go down the page (view my portfolio page) and I don’t know what I did wrong…
    Any feedback on the site in general as well as how to fix the moving boxes problem would be fantastic!
    The current link for my site is http://beta.wildspiritdesigns.com
    Thanks in Advance,
    Lyle

apostrophe
    Participant

Either put your js files in a directory called js or alter the path in your document head to

Code:

You might want to update to the latest version of jQuery too.

Luminated

I can’t help you at the moment troubleshoot the moving boxes, but I did want to tell you that for your first site, it is very beautiful and you are quite talented. One suggestion: For your portfolio, try doing a thumbnail gallery w/ a lightbox (google search it) script…much better than a scrolling portfolio.

WildSpirit

Now the portfolio page is set up more horizontal but it’s not scrolling…. any ideas?…

I would say you should have a more audacious hover effect on your menu, maybe change the background colour of each item? Also the text that appears on rollover of the testimonials on the homepage is messed up, I’d look into that. Aside from that it’s a nice site!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.