Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other First Full WordPress Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rcmatt4321

I’m just finishing up development on my theme.

I really meant for it to be extremely simple. The theme itself has no images, and is pure php and css. Its main colors are shades of gray, and one shade of red for special information. I really really like it, and I’m currently using it on my own blog.

I was thinking about selling it on Theme Forest, but I’m not sure people would really buy it.

Look at it here http://www.sudorandom.net.

Any feedback would be appreciated. :D

justinede

I like it. Its very simple but also very customizable.
    If I couldn’t make my own I would buy it for 10$. :]

rcmatt4321

I still need to add the dynamic sidebar, I’m pretty sure thats a desired feature, especially if someone is paying for it… What do you guys thing? I might just stick with the way it is (No Dynamic Sidebar), because it may loose some of its minimalist feel.

One more question. Is there any way to keep the HTML that WordPress generates cleaner, as in, indented correctly, etc? I’ve been looking all over, but It doesn’t seem to be something anybody cares about..

Thanks again!

Rob MacKay
    Participant

to be honest mate, im not sure it would even make it past theme forest quality standards. You have done an ok job, its a clean and simple theme, but Theme Forest only except themes that are above average… Don’t waste too much time thinking it might get accepted, have a look around theme forest and see.

Ninja Clone

I think you should align main heading with other text and give a bit of space between sidebar so-called widgets.

Well done on breaking into the world of WordPress themes!

First thing I would change would be the post headings- you need to make them stand out more, otherwise they just blend into the post and don’t do a good job of separating them.

Secondly- where’s the colour man?! Add some colour to give it some life.

Thirdly- I agree with Rob when it comes to themeforest submission, although you have created a clean theme I doubt it would be accepted.

If I were you I would add some more graphics and take on board all the other feedback you get here to go on to creating a really fantastic theme!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.