Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Firefox & Active Directory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    atlhuck
    Participant

I’ve been making some changes to a company intranet and have included an interesting feature of Microsoft Exchange that allows for the use of embeding "web parts" from the MS Outlook Web interface; specifically, you can call a part of a public folder to be actively linked into a web page and it will display live info. I use this to show scheduling information at a glance, placed within an iFrame. This works great in IE, but Firefox does not handle the pass-through Active Directory (LDAP) authentication from users the way IE does.

I’m looking for an extension that might handle this automatically to prevent users from being prompted for their domain credentials for each of the (four) instances of web parts that are displayed when the page is loaded. :x

Thanks for any help out there !!

Mike H

TheDoc

What a specific problem! I haven’t touched an intranet in my life, so I’m afraid I won’t be of much use to you. I’m sure somebody out there in forum land has some suggestions for you though.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

yea I haven’t touched AD in years myself – even though I was once a IT Techy lol

atlhuck
    Participant

Yup, this is a pretty specific thing. This board is always responsive and thanks for taking a look – everyone. I’ll keep my eyes peeled…

UPDATE… Just to pass along new info to anyone interested:
    I’ve been searching furhter into the integrated authentication issue in FF and learned about the about:config modifications in FireFox, (typing about:config in the address line).
    There is an entry in the config file, network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris, that you can enter trusted domains such as mycompany.com,sub.mycompany.com,yourcompany.local … etc. (separate multiple names w/ commas).

Having said that, I’ve not been successful in getting proper response from the browser after I entered the info. Still working on it.

Mike H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.