Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Firebug & Web tools

• # September 20, 2008 at 11:30 am

I was wondering if there was any tool out there, for IE similar to firebug, that would allow me to temporarily make changes to a page. so that i can go back and add those changes to the actual file.

i recently installed the IE7 developer toolbar, which seems to show some info, yet i cant figure if there is a way to make temporary changes.

# September 24, 2008 at 10:08 am

You can do this thing online if your web page uploaded on web server from this tool : http://www.cssfly.net/

and I hope you will find something useful for IE in this article : http://sixrevisions.com/tools/internet_explorer_extensions_addons_web_developers/

# September 24, 2008 at 11:57 am
    Quote:
    i recently installed the IE7 developer toolbar, which seems to show some info, yet i cant figure if there is a way to make temporary changes.

Hm? When you’re inspecting an element with the developer toolbar, click the plus button next to "Attribute" (or double-click in the empty space below) and you can add new properties, just like Firebug. Double-click an existing property to edit it.

# September 27, 2008 at 11:38 am

Has anyone been able to successfully use the IE web developer toolbar while running multiple IEs?

Also, as a sidenote when running multiple ie’s on my work computer (haven’t tried on my new laptop) things like saving passwords fails to work in either version of IE. Anyone else experience this?

pab
    # September 29, 2008 at 3:23 am
    "cssgirl" wrote:
    Has anyone been able to successfully use the IE web developer toolbar while running multiple IEs?

Also, as a sidenote when running multiple ie’s on my work computer (haven’t tried on my new laptop) things like saving passwords fails to work in either version of IE. Anyone else experience this?

I’ve tried to solve this as well, no luck.

and i get another type of error, i cant select or write on any field, all the fields are broken in ie6. say i ant to search "The google" can’t do it in ie6.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".