Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS FF, IE7 & IE6 Float Differences (+ RTL)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi. I have a number of floated elements inside a simple div. The page displays perfectly in FF & Safari but does very strange things in IE6 & 7.

The sample code is: http://ubica.us/sites/Beehive/middleeas … -test.html

My basic question is how to get the IEs to display like Firefox, but I would also love to know why. Does anyone have a link to something like explains browser rendering differences in RTL layouts?

Thanks in advance!

TheDoc

The only thing I can think of is that it doesn’t like it being set on the body. Try setting it on the wrapper div.

Okay, I moved everything on the body tag to a wrapper tag- which fixed the offscreen problem in IE. Now it’s just the floats.

Linden

Maybe it has something to do with the margin-left in your css. In IE6 margins are doubled for some reason, try _margin-left: and half the amount of pixels, so it would be _margin-left: 10px in your case. That will just target IE so keep the original css line for the other browsers. Dunno if that’s the problem but sure give it a try!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.