Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback wanted on site design/basic comp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I don’t like the brown. it makes me think of poop. You might consider doing alittle research on colors. they say the color yellow makes people smile. Red invokes passion. and so on. You get the idea. also the text was very very very small. I had to sit up and lean forward just to read it. My monitor is a 19 inch widescreen and i have 20/20 vision. The layout was very simple. But simple can be good. It think you need less text and more pictures. The site needs to be graphically apealing. I know it can be hard. I am not yet a designer either but I am learning. take a look at other portfolio websites to get some ideas. Based on that site, i would not hire you. but i might change my mind if you had pictures of other work you have done.

HJ05

Not a bad start but a few things to consider:

1. On smaller monitors your actual content might disappear due to the size of your header.
    2. Be careful putting pictures behind text like you did with the O thing behind the who I am. It might get confused as text or make the text hard to read.
    3. Watch your contrast. The more contrast you have with the text and its background the easier it is to read the text. Someone with a color deficiency might not be able to read your name in orange on the brown background which would cause a problem. Of course the most contrast you can have is white on black or black on white but adding color is always a good idea. It is also a good idea to take a screen shot of your site and make it black and white just to see what it looks like. It gives you a good sense of contrast.

Keep working at it.

p.s. I am not a designer either but I am learning. Learning is fun.

cssgirl
    Participant

First, the brow is beautiful and does NOT look like poop. :)

I like the logo, and I like the colors except the purply blue. I think you’ve got too much purple in the colors so the color doesn’t blend together and look as good as they could together.

Also, can’t see the "sidebar" title on top of the dark brown splotch and the font color is too light on top of that purple.

But I like the general idea of the layout and whole grunge look :)

Edwin

I like the colors and the font. Maybe make the main-text a little darker so it’s better to read and maybe give the sidebar-box a little more padding?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.