Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Feedback on the useibility/look of my site?

• # January 21, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Hey I’m making this site for a client of mine and I like it pretty well so far but I’m not sure the user interface is really all that user friendly yet, I’m kind of thinking it’s not. If you care to give me feedback on anything else I would appreciate it :D .

http://playsforstage.com/blog/

FYI : if you take off the /blog/ you can see the old website

BTW if you comment on mine I’ll be happy to comment on yours.

# January 21, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Overall I like it. Nice and subtle jquery menu animation. I’m kind of curious to see what it’s like with some more page content. As it stands now, it’s just a bit bland.

What I might suggest just for the template are a few subtle changes. Maybe a faint shadow on the content area along with a slightly dark 1px border might give it some depth. I kind of feel like the dark gray on the sides is a little too dark.

Purely from a creative standpoint – It kind of seems to me that the header is not representing the site. Again, it may be a different story with page content. But a site dedicated to plays, fun, laughter, etc I think demands a little more flare. I might commission someone to do some scenes or use some 3d stock images or something to give it a little more contextual "zing".

You could even do like dark red curtains on a wooden stage with some nice lighting around the logo. That would at least give it some texture, and the red would give your color scheme more diversity while fitting right in.

# January 22, 2010 at 10:23 am

It does look a little bland, but it is a big imporvement over the old site.

# January 23, 2010 at 4:57 am

Thanks the Feedback both of you, it really helps. I’ve really been trying to find good ways of adding flair, xheathen, has some good ideas, the implantation is what I’m struggling with… I guess I’ll just play around with it more in Photoshop till I find something I like.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".