Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Feedback on my site?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    randomdude
    Participant

So I finally made a site for myself, and was wondering what people thought of it: [DELETED LINK].
    I’m not good with fonts, so feedback on the font I used for my name is especially appreciated :)

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’d go with a bit more contrast between the letters and the background. When it’s coincides with white, the text isn’t that readable anymore. Nice idea to switch the background on page load.

https://css-tricks.com/design-considerations-text-images/

Shikkediel
    Participant

I’m usually on FF with a 1280 screen. The snow on the mountain and the image with ocean foam are a few examples where the smaller centered text gets sort of lost.

Shikkediel
    Participant

I think that’s a good choice, slick and businesslike.

claire2013
    Participant

Nice site. I think you should center everything vertically and horizontally. There’s too much space at the bottom which loses focus to your information (headshot, name and links). Also add some space between your name and web developer.

shaneisme
    Participant

I’m not a fan of any instance of opening up a new tab when clicking on a link. I let the user determine if they want to do that.

I’m also not a fan of a site home that’s simply a “splash” page. Maybe instead of a separate portfolio page, just make your home the portfolio?

Speaking of the portfolio, it’s not inherently obvious that there is content below the fold. You should tease it if you don’t want it to just be there.

Your text should be on a solid background for ease of legibility where it’s needed (like in the descriptions on your portfolio). At the very least it should have a heavy (80%+) opacity behind it.

claire2013
    Participant

Hmmmm, I’m viewing your site on a thunderbolt display so that might be why I see it at the top of the page as opposed to centered in the middle. It’s def centered horizontally, but not vertically. I can possibly take a screen shot if you like.

Also, not sure if this was your intention, but I just seen the updated page and noticed the background image repeating itself. To the far left, you can see a solid line where the image stops and repeats. Again, this on my my thunderbolt.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.