Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback on my latest site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    keirk

Hi chaps

Would be interested in your feedback on my latest site:

http://preview.keirandclarewedding.com

Thanks in advance

Keir

Soh Tanaka

I like the texture and the top nav, its unique so good job on that, but I’m not sure if it fits the typical "wedding" feel, but I guess that really depends on the couple’s style and personalities.

Only suggestion would be to spice up the homepage layout. Kinda dry right now, its the wedding so lets make it exciting and memorable! Maybe pics of them, event details/location preview, etc

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Fluid width may not be necessary here. Stretching out the browser window wider only lengthens the already long line lengths. Just thinking of all your potential older guests who need all the help with readability they can get!

TheDoc

What a fantastic idea! Though I agree with Chris on the fluid thing, nix it for sure.

The main text is a little tough to read, I’d make it a few shades darker.

Techguy172

I would perhaps put some Roll over effects on you menu, It’s kind of boring without them I think.

Nice design, I like it, however just a warning, the font that you use for the words "Latest From" on the right is only free for personal use, I remember reading it, unless you have paid for the copyright I would recommend changing it to avoid issues in the future.

Apart from that a rollover on the navigational bar would be nice, perhaps a coloured bar beneath each item?

keirk

Thanks for all of your feedback – all very useful.

Keir

keirk
    "tomwalters5678" wrote:
    Nice design, I like it, however just a warning, the font that you use for the words "Latest From" on the right is only free for personal use, I remember reading it, unless you have paid for the copyright I would recommend changing it to avoid issues in the future.

It should be fine – its a personal site – built by me for me.

Keir

Fair enough, I’m just always weary of copyright issues…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.