Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Feedback on Layout & Help with ie Compatibility Mode

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello everyone! I just finished up a new site & I would some feedback on it. I am happy with the way it turned out, but I have noticed a couple of issues with ie compatibility mode that I don’t know how to solve. Any help with those would be much appreciated.

New Site

TheDoc

That width is way too wide! Remember there are people using monitors with a resolution MUCH smaller than 1600px!

It’s too wide even for me, even though I have a 23″ monitor because my browser doesn’t take up the full screen.

Other than that, I think you did a great job at keeping the file sizes down, it was speedy to load when I thought it would lag. Everything functioned well and I wasn’t frustrated!

So, great job but that width thing is a big no-no for me.

kmitchel

Looks really nice at ~67% zoom. The column scroll is rather nifty. Consider using a lightbox for the featured home pics rather than jumping to a new page. A page with a single pic seems just a little too bare.

Why did you include document.ready in your functions? Shouldn’t you call your function(s) from document.ready? Kind of flipped around. Don’t forget about expire headers.

standuncan

I would also add a “clearfix” solution to your div#landscape. And like in my previous suggestion, if you contained just the content of your header and footers in containers, and then used the actual header and footer with the backgrounds and set them to 100% so they would repeat.

I really enjoy the design overall though.

standuncan

Oh also, the serif font on the phone numbers, maybe this is just personal opinion, but the numbers don’t line up and I would rather see an even baseline on them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.