Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback on a design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Watson90

Hi guys

I have made [this static design](http://stevenwatson.co.uk/examples/spartans/ “Go to Spartans”) for my brother-in-law’s basketball team, and I’m just after a bit of critique.

I will converting it into a WP website once I have finalised the design and made a few other pages.

**Ps**. The page has only just been coded up tonight, so I may be changing a few things with it depending on how OCD’ish I get.

Thanks =)

chrisburton
    Participant

Looks pretty good.

ConorHaining
    Participant

I don’t think there’s anything I can say there, it’s spot on!

Watson90

Cheers guys!

@jurotek
    – I have increased the font size in the navigation, I agree it was quite small, I liked uppercase too, but I prefer the increased font size more :)

chrisburton
    Participant

One thing I just want to point out is that the logo doesn’t really go with the color palette.

Watson90

@Paulie_D – the logo was made by the client, I will look into making it more compatible with the colour scheme or I may even change the colour of the ball to a more realistic colour rather than the dark brown.

Cheers :)

chrisburton
    Participant

@Watson90

Ha. I’m Chris, not Paulie.

Watson90

Wow! I can’t believe I failed as much as that…apologies man.

Looks like Paulie is going to get an unnecessary email :/

chrisburton
    Participant

Haha. It’s not a problem.

TheInfection
    Participant

Try adding a wrapper around everything but the header and then apply a box-shadow on it. Using

box-shadow: 0 0 5px #000;
    or

box-shadow: 0 0 15px #000;
    look the best.

Also, try using jQuery for the animations as CSS3 isn’t supported in older browsers, unless you don’t really mind that.

Other than that, you’ve got a great design there!

Watson90

@TheInfection – thanks, I think I will add a subtle box shadow at some stage of development, I will also be using jQuery for the transitions on the links for the extended browser support, although if a user who has a non-supported browser then it’s not like they’re going to experience something totally different, it’s just going to go to the solid colour on hover a bit quicker.

@jurotek
    – thanks for the input but i think I’ll leave my nav as it is now :)

@joshuanhibbert
    – thanks for the detailed feedback. I was using the inset box-shadow on the navigation hover also on the previous design so the picture would flow nicely but now it doesn’t I can see what you mean :) it will be a jQuery slider using a plugin for wp anyway, I just left it there for some structure.

I know about the page title that will be getting changed, haha, +1 for noticing though ;)

Regarding the gradient, it’s the first time I’ve used it in this way, I kind of like it but maybe it’s just a preference thing :)

Yeah I should add some more padding here and there to balance out the page. I’ll get to that definitly.

No the footer doesn’t need to be as ‘in your face’ like the navigation. I will look into seeing what colour goes good :) and thanks!

Watson90

I will be adding current page styling to the tabs, but I’ll just be using the `.current-page-item` class to do it in WordPress :)

stevencrader

I know this isn’t design related but your charset tag is incorrect. You have `` when it should be ``

stevencrader

@jurotek It isn’t the closing that I was pointing out. It is the dash. There is no `meta-charset` tag. Guess I should have explained a bit more.

hendrix940
    Participant

Looks awesome.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.