@Paulie_D – the logo was made by the client, I will look into making it more compatible with the colour scheme or I may even change the colour of the ball to a more realistic colour rather than the dark brown.
@jurotek Out of curiosity, how is replacing the pointer with the default cursor good UX? Especially considering that browsers change the cursor to a pointer when hovering links, and that is what users are trained to expect.
Looking pretty good @Watson90! Here is a list of my immediate thoughts:
- Why does the banner image have an inset shadow? It doesn’t really fit in with the rest of the design. Perhaps removing it, or a solid border would work better?
- The page title doesn’t match what is says in the logo.
- I’m not a fan of the gradient in the header, but that is just my personal preference. I’m glad to see people slowly moving away from gradients used in that way!
- There could be a little more vertical space. This is most noticeable immediately below the banner image.
- Also, the large amount of white space immediately above the footer doesn’t balance very well as there isn’t that much space anywhere else.
- Speaking of the footer, have you tried a more subdued color, or a grey? Does it need to stand out as much as the navigation does?
I also agree with @chrisburton regarding the colours. Good luck with it!
EDIT: @chriscoyier Would you mind fixing up the markdown styling please? The above list is disappearing :(