Grow your CSS skills. Land your dream job.

Feedback for a Client Consultation

• # March 26, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Hola CSS-Tricks Community!

I’m meeting with a new client on Thursday to give him a general consultation regarding his website. He offers a service which (as far as I can understand) gives people access to his exclusive blog wherein he gives cutting edge stock market advice.

Although I do not like his site very much at all, his service is used by many and approved by most.

[www.roddavid.com](http://www.roddavid.com “www.roddavid.com”)

I thought I’d post here to get some general comments on what to focus on with this consultation. I respect this community’s opinion more than any other when it comes to design impression.

Thoughts?

Thank you for any contributions to this discussion.

Shalom
    -Robert

# March 26, 2013 at 4:55 pm

Hi rctonnie, I personally feel the main problems with the existing website are around typography and the logo.

Jonathan

# March 26, 2013 at 5:00 pm

I believe there’s a real content issue; most of all it’s busy and doesn’t deliver a focused message or call to action.

# March 26, 2013 at 6:58 pm

You may also consider optimising it for different devices.

# March 28, 2013 at 1:35 pm

These are great suggestions so far.

I agree that typography, logo, and graphics are the key things to focus on. The design itself seems to need some serious work as well.

I guess, should I suggest to him a complete redesign? He is coming in to this meeting thinking that we can just move some things around to make everything okay.

Thank you for the help so far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

*May or may not contain any actual "CSS" or "Tricks".